Around the Community
Around the Community provides space to promote community support for residents participating in activities within Deerlake and the broader Brevard community.
- Only Deerlake residents and/or property owners may submit announcements.
- Those submitting announcements must be actively involved in the events. Activities should be community-oriented and not commercial.
- Announcements should be brief (about 20-30 words) and must contain the name and phone number of the DVCA sponsor, the name of the activity, and the date.
- Announcements may run for a maximum of four weeks and will be dated with date of entry.
- Example: Brevard Community Band Concert DVCA Sponsor: Karen Cole Bob and Karen Cole invite your support at their final concert of the year with the Brevard Community Band on September 17th at 3 pm at the Porter Center. Tickets are $10 and may be purchased at the door. For more information call 885-5456.
- All announcements should be emailed to the web goddess, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Announcements should be in electronic format, preferably as a Word document, in Times New Roman, 12 point font.
- Those without access to a computer may submit an announcement in writing to Kris Fulmer, 155 Cambridge Dr., Brevard, NC 28712.
- Due to space limitations, residents may be restricted in the number of announcements submitted each month.
- The web goddess has the right to refuse to publish any announcement not following the guidelines.